Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern the purchase of tickets for Tech Summit from March 28 , 2023.
PART A – Our relationship with you
We are Corebase LLC (“we,” “us,” and “our” throughout), a company incorporated under the laws of the USA with company registration number 12186314, with its registered office at 8 The Green STE A Dover, Delaware, United States. We organize conferences and events including “Tech Summit.”
Your agreement with us consists of:
- PART A (OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU)
- PART B (GENERAL TERMS FOR ALL DELEGATES)
- PART C (ATTENDEE TERMS), which contains terms specific to registered attendees attending a Conference (“Attendee,” “you,” “your”)
- PART D (VOLUNTEER TERMS), which contains terms specific to volunteers attending a Conference (“Volunteer,” “you,” “your”)
- PART E (EXHIBITOR TERMS), which contains terms specific to exhibitors attending a Conference (“Exhibitor,” “you,” “your”)
- PART F (ADDITIONAL POLICIES) Your use of the mobile application and website (“App”) is subject to additional policies. (collectively, the “Terms”).
By registering for the Conference, you agree that you have read and accepted these Terms and agree to be legally bound by them. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms, please do not register, attend or participate in the Conference.
If you are registering on behalf of another person, it is your obligation to ensure that the person attending is aware of these Terms and accepts them. By completing and submitting the registration form, you represent and warrant that you have made the person attending aware of these Terms and that they have accepted these Terms.
We may update these Terms at any time for legal or regulatory reasons, or to reflect changes in our services or business practices. Any amended Terms will be posted here.
PART B – General terms for all delegates
- Admittance to conferences We reserve the right to refuse admittance to or eject from the Conference anyone that we determine:
a) is behaving in a manner that could disrupt, hinder or cause a nuisance to the Conference or to the enjoyment of any other person or partner at the Conference; b) represents a security or health & safety risk to the Conference or to any person or partner; and/or c) fails to comply with, or is likely to fail to comply with, these Terms.
You agree to comply with all applicable laws in connection with your attendance or participation at a Conference.
- Changes or cancellation of a conference These Terms and Conditions apply to ticket purchases from March 28, 2023.
In the unlikely event that Tech Summit is postponed or cancelled by us, your ticket will be transferred to next year’s event unless you apply for a refund within 6 months of our announcement.
- Photography, Audio and Video Recording Unauthorized use of photographic, audio, video, or other recording equipment is strictly prohibited at any Conference, unless it is pre-approved by us in writing.
By attending the Conference, you acknowledge and agree that we or our partners may photograph or record the Conference or any part of it. You agree to allow us or any third party licensed by us to use, distribute, broadcast, or otherwise disseminate your likeness, name, voice, and words perpetually in television, radio, film, newspapers, magazines, and other media, both before, during, and after the Conference, and in any form, without any further approval or payment to you. This grant includes the right to edit the media, the right to use the media alone or together with other information, and the right to allow others to use or distribute the media.
- Attendance at the Conference You are responsible for informing us of any special access requirements at the time of booking your Conference attendance.
You must arrange your own appropriate insurance coverage for your attendance or exhibition at a Conference. We and our related companies will not be liable for any injury or damage to any person or property, except for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or any other type of liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
During the Conference, you must conduct yourself in an orderly manner and avoid causing offense, annoyance, or inconvenience to other attendees. Attendees must not canvass, promote, advertise, or solicit for business in a manner that we deem unacceptable. We reserve the right to remove from the venue any attendee who contravenes applicable laws or regulations, our policies and procedures, or those of the venue, is likely to cause offense or annoyance, or is otherwise inappropriate or does not comply with these terms.
The Conference promotes an environmentally conscious, paperless event where possible. As an attendee, you agree not to distribute promotional materials or similar items unless a litter charge has been approved by us in writing. The minimum litter charge is $3,000. If you wish to distribute promotional material or similar items, please email email@example.com to arrange invoicing and payment in advance of the event. All funds relating to the litter charge will be donated to a local community or environmental fund of our choosing.
- Refund and Cancellation Your ticket is our property and is a personal revocable license that may be withdrawn, and admission to a Conference may be refused at any time upon a breach of terms and conditions.
If you are eligible under applicable law to cancel your Conference ticket purchase within 14 days without giving any reason and receive a reimbursement of payments, you must notify us in writing of your decision to cancel within 14 days of the day the contract for distance selling was concluded. The refund will be made in the same form as the original payment was received. All Conference ticket purchases are non-refundable in their entirety after this 14-day cooling-off period. You acknowledge that all refunds are subject to a $20 transaction fee or as otherwise advised, depending on the currency of your original transaction.
Our free and subsidized ticket promotions may include a processing fee, which is non-refundable in its entirety. If an individual purchases a general attendee ticket before purchasing a start-up ticket, we will not grant a full refund when the general attendee ticket price has increased beyond the start-up ticket price.
- Resale of Tickets The tickets you purchase are intended for your own personal use or that of your business only. You are prohibited from reselling your tickets under any circumstances, including but not limited to using them as part of any promotion or competition. This prohibition also applies to subsidised tickets, such as one day tickets, Women in Tech Tickets, Youth Tickets, and Scholarship tickets. If you resell or transfer your ticket in violation of these Terms, your ticket will be voided, and you will not be allowed entry into the Conference. If we determine that you have breached this term, such as through the resale or attempted resale of any tickets, we reserve the right to cancel the relevant tickets with immediate effect. We also reserve the right to cancel any ticket purchase made by any person or entity that we reasonably believe to be associated with ticket reselling or ticket brokering.
- Wristbands and Lanyards For security and identification purposes, all delegates are required to display the official Conference wristband on their wrist, wear the official Conference lanyard containing their badge around their neck, and carry photo identification and display it upon request. The cost of replacing lost or damaged wristbands for a Conference is listed on our website and is subject to change.
- Visa Requirements It is your sole responsibility to ensure that you comply with all visa requirements. If you need an entry visa to attend, volunteer, or exhibit at the Conference, you must allow sufficient time for the visa application process. If you are not granted a visa, we are not obligated to refund your ticket, unless you are eligible under applicable law to avail of a right to cancel your purchase of a ticket within 14 days of the day the contract for distance selling was concluded.
- Intellectual Property Rights All intellectual property rights related to the Conference, the Conference content, and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Conference are owned by us, our related companies, and/or the Conference sponsors or speakers attending the Conference. You are not permitted to reproduce or allow anyone to reproduce trademarks or materials distributed by or on behalf of us at a Conference without our prior written permission. These Terms do not grant you any legal or beneficial right in or to any intellectual property rights owned or used under license by us or our related companies.
It is strictly prohibited for any company, organization, or individual to attempt to host or organize any event in conjunction with, contiguous to, or purporting to be related to a Conference or its affiliates without our express prior permission and cooperation. We reserve the right to take legal or other appropriate action, including claiming damages, as we deem appropriate in our sole discretion.
- Acceptable Use
By accessing and using the Website and its related subdomains, you agree not to:
- violate any laws, statutes, ordinances, or regulations;
- use the App for any illegal purpose and agree to use it in accordance with all relevant and applicable laws;
- promote or provide information about illegal activities, physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or any illegal acts;
- upload or transmit through the App any computer viruses, macro viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or any other harmful activity;
- override any security feature of the Website or jeopardize the security of your account or someone else’s account (such as allowing someone else to log in to the Website or use the App as you);
- interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Website (such as viruses, denial of service attacks, or gaming algorithms);
- use manual or automated software, devices, or other means or processes to access, scrape, or crawl the Website or any content or information contained in it or the App;
- engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulate the appearance or function of the Website;
- remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Website or from the Conference;
- modify, create derivative works, copy, or store any significant portion of the Website or Conference or any related technology (unless allowed by law or we expressly authorize);
- use filming equipment or other devices to record the Conference;
- use the Website (or any part of it) in a manner that may:
- interrupt, damage, or render the Website and/or the Conference less efficient, or interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or Website;
- share any material that is unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, pornographic, discriminatory, harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar invasive of another’s privacy, hateful or otherwise objectionable, defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- impair the effectiveness or functionality of the Website or the Conference; or
- violate or infringe the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, IP, confidentiality and/or privacy) of the Website;
- attempt to grant any unauthorized access to any part or component of the Website;
- copy or distribute any part of the Website in any medium without our prior written consent; and
- alter or modify any part of the Website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website for its intended use; or
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Website or any related technology, or any part thereof unless allowed by law;
- compromise the security of the App such as transmitting viruses, malware, or destructive code;
- attempt to circumvent restrictions on access or usage;
- tamper with the App or accounts of users such as hacking;
- harvest, gather or share private information from the conference, App or accounts of its users without consent; or
- partake in hostile activities aimed at damaging the conference, App or accounts of its users.
We may terminate or restrict your use of our App if you violate these Terms or are engaged in illegal or fraudulent use of the App.
- Your Contribution and Messages
Messages: Through the App and/or Website, we may allow you to send Messages and other communications to us or other users. You are solely responsible for the content of your Messages and any consequences resulting from their transmission. By sending Messages, you release us and agree to hold us harmless from any liability arising from them. We may use third-party service providers to facilitate the sending of your Messages. You grant us a global right to use, store, and reproduce your Messages for the sole purpose of facilitating their transmission to your chosen recipients. You represent and warrant that your Messages will not infringe on any third party rights. You acknowledge and agree that our Content Guidelines and Anti-Harassment policy also apply to the Messages you send.
- Warranties: To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties or conditions, express or implied, in respect of any aspect of the Conference or any related materials. By accepting these Terms, you acknowledge and agree that you have not relied on any representation or warranty not expressly included in these Terms. You agree that you have no remedy for any misrepresentation that has not become part of these Terms.
14. Limitation of Liability:
By attending the Conference, you acknowledge that any views expressed by speakers are their own and we are not responsible for any advice given or views expressed. Any materials distributed during the Conference are intended for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon. We and our related companies do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any materials and are not liable for any reliance on the Conference or information provided at the Conference.
To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law:
(a) We and our related companies are not liable to you for any indirect, consequential, or economic losses, including loss of profits, sales or business, agreements or contracts, anticipated savings, income, opportunity, or damage to goodwill, software, data or information, arising from the performance or contemplated performance of the Terms, even if we had been advised of the possibility of such losses in advance.
(b) Our total liability for any losses, whether in contract, tort, misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising from the performance or contemplated performance of the Terms, is limited to the total amount paid by you for your Conference ticket, after payment of any applicable processing fees or bank charges.
(c) The Event Organizer retains the authority to modify or call off the event, which may include changes to the program, speakers, topics, dates, and venue, without prior notification. Any loss or damage incurred due to event alterations will not be the responsibility of the Organizer.
(d) Nothing in the Terms excludes or limits liability for any fraudulent statement or act or for any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We will make reasonable efforts to provide notice of any interruption to the Conference due to power or server outages or issues, update or maintenance periods, natural disasters, war, acts of God, epidemics or pandemics, terrorist attacks, civil wars, civil commotion or riots, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination, any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident, labor or trade disputes, strikes, industrial action or lockouts, non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors, interruption or failure of utility service, electronic or communications failure, or any other event beyond our control. If the Conference is unavailable for reasons beyond our control, we shall have no liability to you.
We are not liable if the Conference is canceled, rescheduled, postponed, or if we fail or delay to perform our obligations under the Terms due to any event beyond our reasonable control, including power or server outages or issues, natural disasters, war, acts of God, epidemics or pandemics, terrorist attacks, civil wars, civil commotion or riots, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination, any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident, labor or trade disputes, strikes, industrial action or lockouts, non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors, interruption or failure of utility service, electronic or communications failure, or any other event that renders performance of the Conference impracticable, illegal, or impossible.
- Force Majeure We shall not be held liable for the cancellation, rescheduling, or postponement of a Conference, in whole or in part, or for any failure or delay in performing our obligations under these Terms, if such an event is caused by factors beyond our control, such as natural disasters, floods, fires, acts of terror, war, labor strikes, extreme weather, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, or mechanical, electronic, or communication failures or degradation, or any other emergency. In such cases, performance of the Conference, in whole or in part, becomes impracticable, illegal, or impossible.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction The interpretation, formation, and operation of these Terms, as well as all non-contractual obligations arising from or related to them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States. Any disputes between the parties arising from or in any way connected with these Terms, whether contractual or non-contractual, shall also be governed by the laws of the United States. Each party agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States Courts.
We do not offer Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) services, including the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution Service. If you have a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nothing in these Terms limits our right to bring enforcement proceedings in another jurisdiction or seek interim, protective, or provisional relief in the courts of another jurisdiction.
If a court with jurisdiction over these Terms finds any part of these Terms wholly or partially unenforceable, we agree that, if possible, the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, we agree that the court should not have regard to that unenforceable part but still enforce the rest of these Terms.
If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or we do not act or delay in acting to exercise a right or remedy provided by these Terms, that does not mean we have waived our rights or remedies against you, nor does it mean that you do not have to comply with your obligations.
These Terms are personal to you, and you agree not to assign or transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our prior written consent. We may assign or transfer these Terms without your consent by providing you with notice.
You and we agree that no agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of these Terms, and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind us in any respect.
You agree that the only way to provide us with a legal notice is at the address(es) set out in Part A above.
To the extent allowed by law, the English language version of these Terms is binding, and any translations are for convenience only.
In these Terms:
- A reference to the Terms includes all its parts described in Part A, including any amendment to or replacement of them;
- Headings are for reference purposes only and do not form part of these Terms;
This final section of the Terms clarifies that references to laws, regulations, and other legal instruments also include any modifications, replacements, or consolidations of them. It also notes that the use of words like “includes” and “including” should not be interpreted as limiting the scope of the provision. Additionally, it states that if you are a consumer, you still have certain legal rights that cannot be waived even if they are not specifically mentioned in these Terms.
Part C – Attendee terms
These are the terms and conditions that apply to attendees of a conference, as follows:
- Ticket prices for the conference are correct at the time of publication, but the organizer reserves the right to change the ticket prices at any time without affecting tickets that have already been purchased.
- A valid ticket entitles the attendee entry to the relevant conference, but does not cover any costs associated with travel or accommodation.
- Free or subsidized tickets may be offered within 30 days of the conference start date, but must be assigned within 7 days of receipt of the ticket.
- Once a ticket transaction is completed, tickets are delivered electronically via email to the email address provided by the attendee. The ticket reference number can be used to access the mobile app to register at the conference.
- All tickets must be assigned to an attendee with complete attendee details provided within 30 days of receipt of the ticket. Ticket reassignment after this date is subject to the terms.
- Discounts may be offered from time to time for certain conferences, but the organizer is not obligated to offer any discounts and reserves the right to change or withdraw discount offers at any time.
- Women in tech tickets may be offered to female attendees at the organizer’s absolute discretion. Only female attendees can gain admission to a conference using women in tech tickets.
- Discounted day tickets may be offered to individuals between 16 and 23 years of age, inclusive. Any person redeeming a discounted day ticket must provide relevant identification. No name changes will be facilitated prior to the commencement of the conference.
- If an attendee cannot attend a conference, they must notify the organizer as soon as possible and in any event no later than 7 days before the commencement of the conference to request a name change on their ticket. The organizer may allow the name change in its absolute discretion. Discounted day ticket holders are not allowed name changes on their tickets.
- No pets or animals are permitted, except for service animals.
- If attendees are under 18 years old, they must either be accompanied by an adult chaperone or have guardian permission to attend the conference and related events. The requirements for maintaining the validity of their ticket will depend on their age: attendees aged 16-17 must purchase a youth ticket and be accompanied by an adult chaperone at the point of registration, while attendees aged 4-15 must purchase a youth ticket and be accompanied by a ticketed adult chaperone for the duration of the conference. Children aged 3 and under can attend for free but must be accompanied by a ticketed adult chaperone.
Part D – Volunteer terms
Volunteers are selected at the sole discretion of the conference organizers, and there is no guarantee of selection. Volunteers are subject to certain rules and obligations, including not receiving compensation for travel or accommodation, adhering to conference rules, and handling confidential information with strict confidentiality.
If a person has already bought a ticket but is selected to be a Volunteer, they are not eligible for a refund or reimbursement.
Part E – Exhibitor terms
These Exhibitor terms outline the rules and regulations that must be followed by exhibitors who wish to occupy a space at Conferences and operate a stall to exhibit goods or services. The exhibitor is not allowed to canvass, promote, advertise, or solicit for business in any other area of the venue without prior written consent. The Exhibitor is also prohibited from sub-letting the space without prior written consent.
The Exhibitor is responsible for keeping the exhibit area clean and maintaining the interior, exterior, fittings, and equipment in good repair. The exhibitor must also dispose of all waste products and rubbish generated by them, and provide litter bins for use at the Conference, which must be removed from the site at the end of each day.
The exhibitor must comply with all instructions and directions given by the organizers or venue management, including complying with health and safety regulations. Food and beverage vendors must ensure that they are registered with their local food standards and safety office and possess and display a valid license demonstrating their registration.
Equipment provided by the organizers for the Conference is on a rental basis, and any damages or losses to the equipment supplied to the exhibitor must be paid for by the exhibitor. The exhibitor must also insure the equipment and provide evidence of the current policy of such insurances upon request.
Each exhibitor must maintain a level of insurance as set out in the Partnership Agreement and provide evidence of the current policy and receipts for the premiums payable. Failure to provide this evidence may result in the termination of the exhibitor’s right to exhibit at the Conference.
Part F – Additional Terms
By accessing and using the Website, the App and the Conference, you agree to be bound by the following additional policies:
Content Guidelines Our Content Guidelines govern the content that you may post or transmit on the Website or the App. You must comply with these guidelines when using the Website or the App, and any content that you post or transmit must be in compliance with these guidelines. We reserve the right to remove any content that we consider to be in violation of these guidelines, and to take any other appropriate action, including terminating your access to the Website or the App.
READY TO TAKE PART?
Join 1000+ people and businesses disrupting tech in a city near you.